Bookdirect: It’s a thing we can all embrace and benefit from
When you commit to booking direct, you will enjoy many perks and amenities that you would not have access to when booking through a travel agency. Not to mention, you will almost always pay less!
As small business owners our innkeepers truly appreciate your direct bookings. This not only allows you a more specialized experience as you interact directly with us, you also benefit the local economy
When booking direct:
- You usually are guaranteed the lowest pricing available. ‘An OTA (online travel agent) may be able to influence the price to get you to book but there is little they can do to improve your stay.’ Support your local businesses and #bookdirect! You save on your getaway, receive personalized service and the business saves on steep commissions – it’s a win win
- The truth is, these booking sites charge at least 15% of each booking to the small business owner and sometimes charge you a ‘service fee’ The independent innkeeper really appreciates it when you book directly with them through their website
- You work directly with the property in case of changes, delays, or cancellations
- You typically will not have to pay additional booking, change, or cancellation fees.
- You will enjoy exclusive benefits and can take advantage of special deals, amenities, and packages
- Managers and homeowners know the properties and the area better than anyone and can better match travelers to homes and help plan a better vacation experience.
How can you, the traveler Join the Movement and make sure you’re always booking direct?
- Always verify you are on the hotel, inn, or bed and breakfast website before you book.
- When in doubt, call the Inn for assistance.
- Be careful using the blue Book a Room button in Google. It NEVER goes directly to the hotel website. It ALWAYS goes to an online travel agency such as Booking.com or Expedia, or one of their downstream booking partners.
The innkeepers of the Oregon Bed and Breakfast Guild are ready to share Oregon, its environment, culture, and heritage with you. Get to know our State like a local. Whether you’re looking for a quiet escape, a world class city experience, or a new spin on business travel, you can be assured of combining gracious hospitality with ambiance when staying at an inspected and approved Oregon Bed and Breakfast Guild member Inn.