MaMere’s Guest House in the Heart of Oregon’s Wine Country
MaMere’s Guest House is located in the heart of wine county, and is the perfect place to call home while you explore the surrounding wineries or visiting Western Oregon University. The property is on the National Register of Historic Places and is only a block from WOU and Monmouth’s Main Street.
MaMere’s Pecan Pumpkin Bread recipe from MaMere’s Guest House in Monmouth, OR!
- 3 1/2 Cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 15 oz can pumpkin (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 3 loaf pans.
- Combine eggs, water, oil, applesauce and pumpkin in a bowl. Add sugar, soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and flour. Stir until blended. Add nuts and mix well.
- Pour mixture evenly into 3 loaf pans. Bake for 1 hour.
- Check doneness with a toothpick.
- Flavor is best if baked day before using.
Phone: 503-917-8745 Check Availability
Oregon Bed and Breakfast Guild is ready to share Oregon with you: it’s environment, culture, and heritage. Combine gracious hospitality with ambiance at an inspected and approved Oregon Bed and Breakfast Guild member Inn.
Hospitality Update: Our inns are following COVID-19 protocol guidance from the Oregon Health Authority.
Although mask guidelines are lifted:
● Some businesses may choose to still require masks.
● Some people may choose to still wear a mask.
We have all struggled through COVID-19 and could use a little kindness. Please be respectful of local businesses and their workers and most importantly kind to yourself.