National Mulled Wine Day and a treat from Chehalem Ridge Bed and Breakfast
Perched on eight acres atop Chehalem Mountain overlooking the Willamette Valley and Coast Range, the inn’s four guest rooms and one suite, all with en suite bathrooms, offer a peaceful retreat between adventures with spectacular views of both mountain and valley.
Mulled Wine from Chehalem Ridge Bed and Breakfast
- 4 cardamon pods
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 whole cloves
- 3 star anise
- 4 black peppercorns
- 4 cups apple cider
- 1 bottle red wine
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 dried orange slices
- With the side of a knife, crush the cardamon pods just a bit. Combine the spices,
- cider, wine, orange zest and juice, and maple syrup in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Strain the wine and ladle into mugs. Cut the dried orange slice from one edge to the middle. Garnish the rim of each mug with one dried orange peel.
Notes: we use Sweetened Dried Orange Slices from Trader Joes and Old Vine Zinfandel from Sineann Winery. Can be made ahead of time and kept warm in a preheated carafe or slow cooker.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THIS POSTCARD FOR FREE (then print and affix to heavier cardstock, stamp and mail!)
Oregon Bed and Breakfast Guild is ready to share Oregon with you: it’s environment, culture, and heritage. Combine gracious hospitality with ambiance at an inspected and approved Oregon Bed and Breakfast Guild member Inn.
Hospitality Update: Our inns are following COVID-19 protocol guidance from the Oregon Health Authority. Oregon’s statewide mask requirement for indoor public places will end March 12.
Let’s all be respectful and safe and follow the guidance of the CDC. Our inns are doing everything in our power to keep you safe. Not sure if your favorite inn is open? Give them a call as they just might be.