National Donut Day is the First Friday in June – June 3, 2022
National Donut Day is the first Friday in June, June 3, 2022. We hope you have a chance to try this delicious baked donut recipe shared by the innkeeper at the Old Parkdale Inn Bed and Breakfast. Clean up is easier than with a fried version not to mention a bit less guilt-inducing!
Baked Pumpkin Donut
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tbs. vegetable oil
- 2 tbs. butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. maple extract
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare your donut shaped baking pan with non-stick cooking spray
- In a mixing bowl, add in the pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, melted butter, granulated and brown sugars. Mix on medium until combined.
- Add in both of the eggs and maple extract. Mix on medium until incorporated.
- Add in the pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, salt and flour. Mix until just combined.
Use a piping bag, or spoon, to fill each donut cup about 3/4 full, making sure the center post is clear. Innkeeper uses a 9 cavity donut silicone baking mold. Bake until the donuts are a light golden brown and spring back when touched, 6-10 minutes. Let cool slightly, flip pan over, glaze or roll in cinnamon sugar
Oregon Bed and Breakfast Guild is ready to share Oregon with you: it’s environment, culture, and heritage. Combine gracious hospitality with ambiance at an inspected and approved Oregon Bed and Breakfast Guild member Inn.
Hospitality Update: Our inns are following COVID-19 protocol guidance from the Oregon Health Authority, Oregon is still requiring masks in some outdoor public spaces and all indoor public spaces, that includes the inns of the Oregon B&B Guild.
Let’s all be respectful and safe and follow the guidance of the CDC. Our inns are doing everything in our power to keep you safe. Not sure if your favorite inn is open? Give them a call as they just might be.