Eagle Cap Extreme Sled Dog Races in Oregon
Eagle Cap Extreme the infectious enthusiasm and energy of sled dogs will be seen and heard by young and old spectators alike which starts January 22nd, 12pm (noon) at the Ferguson Ridge Ski Area, outside of Joseph Oregon. The every popular veterinary checks for sled dogs takes place Wednesday, January 22nd, 9am on Main Street in Joseph and 1pm Main Street Enterprise. Meet the mushers and their faithful teams.
Sled Dog Races are a great opportunity for everyone to experience the excitement of competitive sled dog racing. Mushers come from as far away as Arizona, Michigan and British Columbia to compete.
In Joseph Oregon there are opportunities for the public to spend time with the mushers of the Eagle Cap Extreme:
- Wednesday, Jan 2nd, 6:30 pm, Joseph Community Center. Mushers Potluck (you can bring something or pick up some food at the local Mt. Joseph Family Foods grocery).
- All legs and races start at Ferguson Ridge Ski Area. Race starts. Colorful excitement of flags, winter gear, and dogs ready to pull sleds. There will be shuttle buses available leaving from Joseph at 9:45 am.
- Salt Creek Summit Snow Park: See the racers up close on the trail. Snow shoers and cross country skiers may want to use this as their starting point. Hike or ski 1/4 mile to see mushers on the loop.
- Finish at Ferguson Ridge: Watch the teams arrive. Thursday the 23rd through Saturday the 25th
- Saturday, Jan 25th, 5:30 pm, Cloverleaf Hall in Enterprise. “Tales from the Trails” dinner (tickets $20). Enjoy dinner, see award presentations and hear the tales from the trails.
You can find out more about this annual Joseph Oregon event at the Eagle Cap Extreme website. And for comfortable lodging while taking in the winter activities consider these two Oregon Bed and Breakfast Guild member inns:
Bronze Antler Bed & Breakfast is delightful, award-winning B&B located in Joseph. Walking distance to local art galleries, restaurants and unique shops. Nearby are Wallowa Lake, Hells Canyon Scenic Byway and the Eagle Cap Wilderness. Snowshoeing, backcountry skiing and snowmobiling are popular winter activities.
Belle Pepper’s Bed and Breakfast is just one block from Joseph’s charming main street, placing you within easy walking distance of galleries, restaurants, and other local businesses.
Oregon Bed and Breakfast Guild is ready to share Oregon with you: it’s environment, culture, and heritage. Combine gracious hospitality with ambiance at an inspected and approved Oregon Bed and Breakfast Guild member Inn.