Call it the Clearing, Stumptown, City of Roses, P-Town, PDX, Ripcity, Bridgetown, or Little Beirut. Portland answers to them all
Read more about the history of Portland here A Digital Exhibit by The Oregon Encyclopedia and the Oregon History Project
Portland Oregon: ‘A Lot of People Have Lived Here’. Your experience in “City of Roses” and surrounding area will be perfect with a stay at Fulton House Bed and Breakfast, our only Portland area bed and breakfast. You’ll find unique accommodations close to the region’s many attractions, including:
- The International Rose Test Garden sits high in Portland’s northwestern hills in Washington Park and offers 10,000 beautiful rose bushes with views of the city & snow capped Mount Hood to the east
- The Japanese Garden & Lan Su Chinese Garden – a city block of pure tranquility in the Pearl District
- Crystal Springs Rhododendron Garden in southeast Portland holds 2500 Rhododendrons, azaleas & other flowering plants
- The Willamette River runs through the downtown historic districts with bike paths and parks along the banks,
- 325 public parks throughout the city
- Washington Park is one of the oldest parks in Portland and home to Oregon Zoo and Hoyt Arboretum, has over 15 miles of trails in 410 acres.
- Mt. Tabor Park in southeast Portland offer 195 acres of hiking, birding, picnicking, playground & beautiful views of the city to the west and & mountains to the east
Markets – Something for Everyone!
- Saturday Market is a Saturday & Sunday event at the waterfront featuring local arts & crafts along with live music & food carts
- Portland Farmer’s Market, located at Portland State University in the South Park Blocks, offers fresh produce, artisan breads & cheeses, food carts & live entertainment every Saturday
Culture & History
- Portland Art Museum, Theatre & Symphony
- Oregon Historical Society Museum
Bed and Breakfast in Portland, Oregon
Oregon Bed and Breakfast Guild is ready to share Oregon with you: it’s environment, culture, and heritage. Combine gracious hospitality with ambiance at an inspected and approved Oregon Bed and Breakfast Guild member Inn.