Looking for the most scenic drives in Oregon? Want to make all your Instagram friends a little jealous? Ahem, below are the most scenic drives in Oregon and one of them has your name on it.
Oregon has 29 designated Scenic Byways! So, get in the car, take some pics, and reignite your soul. Quick note: please check for travel alerts, as well as the road and weather conditions. This free guide to Oregon scenic byways might come in really handy too.
You’re going to need road snacks for sure.
That’s why we included a list of Oregon food trails and several Oregon food loops that serve local fare with scenery on every side included on our map. And Food Pods, popping up across the state. All the growers and crafters along these trails are committed to sustainable practices and supporting the agricultural legacy of their regions. So, go ahead — eat your heart out!
Our innkeepers can also direct you to the best farm stands, family stores, cheese shops and coffee shops for stocking up on those road trips snacks, beverages, and picnics items.
On the Oregon Trail of Waterfalls map you’ll find information on each regional food trail, as well as links to their websites, Oregon food trail maps, print-at-home brochures, and Oregon food trail itineraries.
UPDATE: Unfortunately, due to numerous requests for the physical map we’ve no more copies. But you can still download a digital version of the Oregon Trail of Waterfalls Map
- Train for a space mission? Tread the Volcanic Legacy Scenic Byway, where astronauts have trained to walk on the moon! This byway has more than 500-miles of volcanic highlights and, of course, many waterfalls. Stay at Prospect Historic Hotel-Motel & Dinner House.
- Channel your inner explorer? Trace the steps of Lewis and Clark along the Historic Columbia River Highway Scenic Byway. And well, not to take the adventure part out of anything, but here are some resources to help you on your journey: To check if it’s OK to park your car someplace, visit ReadySetGorge.com; find trip reports; and if you’re up to a trek, plan your hike. Stay at Olds Parkdale Inn Bed & Breakfast.
- Retrace the route of a pioneer? Hit the Mt Hood Scenic Byway and stay wide-eyed on Barlow Road, a segment of the Oregon Trail. Stay at Old Parkdale Inn.
- Boost your immune system? Drive the Rogue-Umpqua Scenic Byway and pull over to do a little fishing! Stay at C.H. Bailey House.
- Gaze at the clear blue sky? Drive the Hells Canyon Scenic Byway where the lofty Wallowa Mountains dominate the view along the ancestral homeland of the Nez Perce tribe. If you have time, you won’t want to miss the Wallowa Band Nez Perce Trail Interpretive Center. Stay at Bronze Antler Bed & Breakfast.
- Feel as if you’re on an expedition? Just beyond the Portland metro area, in Estacada, begins the West Cascades Scenic Byway. This curvy route winds along rivers and old growth forests. Stay at The Fulton House.
- Rewind your mistakes? Drive the Journey Through Time Scenic Byway. You’ll see fossil beds, mining towns, and awe-inspiring Painted Hills. Stay at Wilson Ranches Retreat B&B.
- Take the road less traveled? Trees to Seas Byway is the newest byway. The drive takes you forests to a rugged headland and ocean-side cliffs to end at Cape Meares State Park where you’ll find the Cape Meares Lighthouse. Stay at turtlejanes bed & breakfast and Thyme & Tide.
- Surround yourself with cranberries? For a spectacular view of the cranberry bogs that mark this region and ocean bluffs travel the Charleston to Bandon Tour Route. Stay at WildSpring Guest Habitat.
- Breathe in the salty ocean air? Roll down the windows and cruise the Pacific Coast Scenic Byway. Stay at: Brey House Ocean View Bed & Breakfast Inn, Baywood Shores Bed & Breakfast.
- Feel as smart as Albert Einstein? Soak is the stunning scenery along one of the many Willamette Valley Scenic Byways. After, take part in a wine tasting because studies show that wine tasting engages your brain more than complicated math. Stay at: Airlie Farm, A’Tuscan Estate, Bella Collina Bed & Breakfast, The Carlton Inn Bed & Breakfast, C’est la Vie Inn, Chehalem Ridge Bed & Breakfast, Franziska Haus B&B, La Bastide Bed and Breakfast, MaMere’s Bed and Breakfast, R.R. Thompson House, The Setting Inn – Willamette Valley, The Willows Bed & Breakfast, Yamhill Vineyards Bed and Breakfast, and Youngberg Hill Vineyards & Inn.
The Oregon trail of Waterfalls represents countless hours, many sketches, and endless conversations to help make your next Oregon road trip one to remember. We look forward to seeing you soon. Please complete the form below to receive your free limited edition map now, while supplies last! If you prefer to view a digital version of the map or if you’re outside the U.S. or Canada, click here.