Fossil, Oregon welcomes you to this recreational destination in the John Day River Territory.
- Whitewater rafting & fishing on the John Day & Columbia rivers
- John Day Fossil Beds National Monument, known worldwide for its remarkably complete preservation of millions of years of plant & animal life. Real research is still being done here by scientists.
- Local fossil digs & gold panning – dig for your own fossils behind the baseball field at Wheeler High School
- Kinzua Hills Golf Club – Oregon’s only 6-Hole course
- Scenic areas for biking, birding, hiking, horseback riding, motorcycling, nature photography & beautiful clear night skies for star gazing
- Museums housing Wheeler County memorabilia as well as prehistoric artifacts & fossils
- Plenty of refreshment choices at local cafes, coffee shops, restaurants & lounges
Bed and Breakfast in Fossil, Oregon
Wilson Ranches Retreat Experience true Pioneer hospitality! Enjoy scenic horseback rides, cattle drives, and hiking on a 9,000 acre working cattle ranch. Close to the John Day Fossil Beds National Monument, bass fishing, river rafting, and golfing. Check Availability
Phone: 541-763-2227 Toll Free: 866-763-2227
Oregon Bed and Breakfast Guild is ready to share Oregon with you: it’s environment, culture, and heritage. Combine gracious hospitality with ambiance at an inspected and approved Oregon Bed and Breakfast Guild member Inn.