Perched on eight acres atop Chehalem Mountain overlooking the Willamette Valley and Coast Range, the inn’s four guest rooms and one suite, all with en suite bathrooms, offer a peaceful retreat between adventures with spectacular views of both mountain and valley.
Mulled Wine from Chehalem Ridge Bed and Breakfast
- 4 cardamon pods
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 whole cloves
- 3 star anise
- 4 black peppercorns
- 4 cups apple cider
- 1 bottle red wine
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 dried orange slices
- With the side of a knife, crush the cardamon pods just a bit. Combine the spices,
- cider, wine, orange zest and juice, and maple syrup in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Strain the wine and ladle into mugs. Cut the dried orange slice from one edge to the middle. Garnish the rim of each mug with one dried orange peel.
Notes: we use Sweetened Dried Orange Slices from Trader Joes and Old Vine Zinfandel from Sineann Winery. Can be made ahead of time and kept warm in a preheated carafe or slow cooker.
Chehalem Ridge B&B – Perched on eight acres atop Chehalem Mountain overlooking the Willamette Valley and Coast Range, the B&B offers a peaceful retreat between adventures in the valley below. The contemporary house reflects the spirit, history and character of Oregon in each of the five uniquely decorated bedrooms.
Phone: 503-538-3474 View Availability
Oregon Bed and Breakfast Guild is ready to share Oregon with you: it’s environment, culture, and heritage. Combine gracious hospitality with ambiance at an inspected and approved Oregon Bed and Breakfast Guild member Inn.
Hospitality Update: Our inns are following COVID-19 protocol guidance from the Oregon Health Authority.
Although mask guidelines are lifted:
● Some businesses may choose to still require masks.
● Some people may choose to still wear a mask.
We have all struggled through COVID-19 and could use a little kindness. Please be respectful of local businesses and their workers and most importantly kind to yourself.