Lavender Blueberry Sorbet on this National Ice Cream Day July 17, 2022
Lavender Blueberry Sorbet is a palette cleansing first course at the Old Parkdale Inn Bed and Breakfast, a dish produced from an explosion of Blueberries and Lavender in Oregon’s Hood River Valley.
2 ripe frozen bananas
1 cup frozen blueberries
¼ cup lite coconut milk
2 tsp dried lavender
1. Peel ripe bananas, wrap in glad wrap and freeze overnight.
2. Add frozen bananas, blueberries, and coconut milk to food processor or blender and process until fluffy, smooth, and creamy.
3. Add lavender and carefully mix through with wooden spoon.
4. Empty the mixture into a container and put back into the freezer for a few hours to set.
5. When the sorbet is ready, scoop with an ice-cream scoop, top with fresh fruit. Enjoy
Where to Find Fresh Oregon Lavender, you ask?
We’ve share but a few locations in a recent blog post:
Enjoy the beauty and scents of lavender as you travel the Oregon Back Roads through pastoral countrysides to each destination. Because of our wet spring, several of the U-cut farms are extending visits into August.
Enjoy the beauty and scents of lavender as you travel the Oregon Back Roads through pastoral countrysides to each destination.
Oregon Bed and Breakfast Guild is ready to share Oregon with you: it’s environment, culture, and heritage. Combine gracious hospitality with ambiance at an inspected and approved Oregon Bed and Breakfast Guild member Inn.
Hospitality Update: Our inns are following COVID-19 protocol guidance from the Oregon Health Authority. Oregon’s statewide mask requirement for indoor public places was lifted on March 12.
After mask guidelines are lifted:
● Some businesses may choose to still require masks.
● Some people may choose to still wear a mask.
We have all struggled through COVID-19 and could use a little kindness. Please be respectful of local businesses and their workers and most importantly kind to yourself.