National Donut Day is the First Friday in June – June 2, 2023
National Donut Day is the first Friday in June, June 2, 2023. We hope you have a chance to try this delicious baked donut recipe shared by the innkeeper at the Old Parkdale Inn Bed and Breakfast. Clean up is easier than with a fried version not to mention a bit less guilt-inducing!
Baked Pumpkin Donut
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tbs. vegetable oil
- 2 tbs. butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. maple extract
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare your donut shaped baking pan with non-stick cooking spray
- In a mixing bowl, add in the pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, melted butter, granulated and brown sugars. Mix on medium until combined.
- Add in both of the eggs and maple extract. Mix on medium until incorporated.
- Add in the pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, salt and flour. Mix until just combined.
Use a piping bag, or spoon, to fill each donut cup about 3/4 full, making sure the center post is clear. Innkeeper uses a 9 cavity donut silicone baking mold. Bake until the donuts are a light golden brown and spring back when touched, 6-10 minutes. Let cool slightly, flip pan over, glaze or roll in cinnamon sugar
Oregon Bed and Breakfast Guild is ready to share Oregon with you: it’s environment, culture, and heritage. Combine gracious hospitality with ambiance at an inspected and approved Oregon Bed and Breakfast Guild member Inn.
Hospitality Update: Our inns are following COVID-19 protocol guidance from the Oregon Health Authority.
Although mask guidelines are lifted:
● Some businesses may choose to still require masks.
● Some people may choose to still wear a mask.
We have all struggled through COVID-19 and could use a little kindness. Please be respectful of local businesses and their workers and most importantly kind to yourself.